Dec 3rd, 2022 will mark the 35th annual Lighted Christmas Parade in Oskaloosa, Iowa. If you haven’t been to Osky (how the locals refer to it) to see the town square lit up or the lighted Christmas Parade – you need to add this to your bucket list!
For 2022, the parade starts at 7pm on the downtown square in Oskaloosa, Iowa.
If you’re heading to Oskaloosa for the parade, I would also recommend the following:
- Grab a bit to eat at Tasos Steakhouse
- Tour the Book Vault, an independent bookstore on the town square that’s stationed in an old bank. It even has old vaults which house specific collections.
- Grab a drink from Smokey Row Coffee
- or walk through the alley which runs alongside Smokey Row Coffee, the alley has Christmas lights and volunteers are usually out pouring free hot apple cider!
- Walk around the town square, which is filled with thousands of holiday lights that are presented on the front of all the shops in the town square.